Traffic Engineering Services Duties
- Identify and investigate locations for needed traffic improvements.
- Perform detailed traffic studies (signal installation, multi-way stop, speed study, safety, parking, etc.).
- Prepare work orders as necessary to accomplish department functions.
- Review and coordinate all public and private development plans for compatibility with existing and planned street system. This effort to be accomplished by review of all development plans submitted to Planning and Zoning and participation in all activities of M.A.T.S.
- Improve arterial traffic flow and reduce fuel and other related costs to motoring public through signal timing, planning, design and installation of computerized traffic signal systems and other traffic system projects.